Cullen Skink World Championships
The 5th Cullen Skink World Championships take place on Sunday 26th November 2017.
Click here to download the 2017 Cullen Skink and Cullen Skink with a Twist Competition Entry Forms and Rules.
- The competitions will be held on SUNDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2017 at the Cullen Bay Hotel, Cullen. AB56 4XA
- The organisers are the Cullen Voluntary Tourist Initiative [CVTI].
- Each competitor is required to submit a recipe for at least 1.5 pints or 750 ml. of Cullen Skink and their method of cooking for their dish.
- Competitors can prepare the raw ingredients in advance if they wish but no prior cooking is allowed.
- As all the dishes are being tasted, it is important that food and equipment is stored and used appropriately, thus complying with Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene Regulations
- Each competitor will be required to produce 3 portions for the judges to taste
- Cooking time will be 45 minutes
- The closing date for entries is 15TH September 2017
- The CVTI uses the winning recipes as promotional material for the Tourist office.
- The Competitors must be available to compete in the cook-off on Sunday 26th November 2017
- Entrants will be advised of the timings once all entries have been received
Traditional Cullen Skink - £10.00 per competitor.
Traditional Cullen Skink with a Twist - £10.00 per competitor.
Traditional Cullen Skink & Traditional Cullen Skink with a Twist - £15-00 per competitor.
All Cheques, Postal Orders & Money orders to be made payable to Cullen Voluntary Tourist Initiative
- A panel of three or four judges are selected by the CVTI
- Judging is undertaken as a blind tasting and each competitor’s bowls are given a number known only by the organisers
- Each competitor is awarded points between one and ten by each judge and the soup with the highest score will be declared the winner
Previous Winners and Recipe
Two worthy winners for the 2015 Cullen Skink World Championships - Click here for more information
2014 Traditional Cullen Skink World Championship winning recipe - Click here for the recipe.